Cocoa Nibs Citrus Salad
Cocoa nibs harken back to the most basic form of the cocoa bean and may be the healthiest form of eating chocolate. Nibble on this salad as a snack, part of the meal, or a dessert.
- 1 grapefruit, peeled (membrane removed, optional)
- 2 navel oranges, peeled
- 3 blood oranges, peeled
- 4 clementines, peeled
- Pomegranate syrup (optional)
- Several tablespoons cocoa nibs (try your local health food store or on-line)
- Pistachios, roasted and chopped (or whole)
- Cut the fruit into bite-size pieces and place in a large serving bowl, preferably glass.
- Add the pomegranate syrup to taste.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the cocoa nibs and roasted pistachios over the fruit salad.